Friday, June 26, 2009

Surgery: next adventure

Cycling has been my passion since retiring. I had joined Team in Training with the goal of riding a century for the charity. Several prior injuries and one fall caused my right knee to swell to the point I couldn't complete the goal. The knee was scoped and repaired but it still could sustain that level of activity. I have volunteered for several biking events locally until I can get going again. In that hope I'm having the knee replaced on July 8: please keep me in your best hopes.

Tomorrow I'm helping at a local event called the Climb to Kaiser. I'm working a rest/refueling station near the top of the climb. Fresno Cycling is sponsoring this gruelling ride: 155 miles and 13500' climb. http://www.fresnocycling.com/kaiser/ I'll take some pictures and add to this post.

Stay happy, healthy and getting moving!

1 comment:

Heather-Anne said...

Sorry about your knee! That just isn't fun on or off the bike. I am bummed you won't be making east anytime soon:(

Sue

Sue